Thank you for being a guest on the show!
I created the podcast as a way to shatter the stereotype of what people think of professionals. We’re much more than our job titles and college degrees and certifications! We’re real people who have passions and interests outside of work — so let’s talk about it.
And we’re rebranding the show to What’s Your “And”? at episode #200 to be more in line with my book title that will be published this fall.
Before our call:
- • Book a time: Select a time that best fits your schedule by clicking here.
- • Subscribe: Please support the show by subscribing to iTunes or Android – and this will also mean you don’t miss your episode as soon as it goes on air!
- • Leave a Review: Please take a minute to leave a rating and/or review on iTunes and/or your favorite Android podcast app. These reviews really help encourage new listeners.
- • Squadcast.fm: Once you have booked your podcast interview call, please be on the lookout from an email from Samantha with a squadcast.fm link. This will be unique for you, so keep it safe and click a few minutes before the time of our call to connect. Be sure to use headphones or earbuds so there isn’t an echo on the recording.
- • USB Microphone: I want to make sure you sound as clear as possible, so if you don’t have an external microphone, I’ve got you covered! Please email me your address and I’ll pay to have a USB microphone shipped for you to borrow for our call.
During our call:
This is a very fun, casual conversation so please be relaxed and have a good time. The more stories and specific examples you have, the better. The best part of this whole thing is there are no wrong answers! Each episode is totally different because we’re sharing your unique story and your experiences.
I like to have my guests introduce their episode in this format:
Hi, my name’s [NAME] and when I’m not [HOBBY/PASSION], I’m listening to John Garrett on What’s Your “And”!
Some of the questions that I like to cover are:
- • We’ll start out with some silly “Rapid Fire Questions” (i.e., chocolate or vanilla? favorite number?) that always ends with “What’s the favorite thing you have? Or the favorite thing you own?”
- • What hobby/passion do you enjoy doing after work? What’s the coolest / most rewarding thing you’ve gotten to do? Detailed stories are perfect!
- • How did you get into it?
- • Has this hobby helped you develop a unique skill set for work?
- • Do you talk about this at work? If yes, did you do this on purpose or did it just happen?
- • Has sharing benefited your career? (i.e., stronger relationships with co-workers, more relatable to clients)
- • Before you got into this hobby, did you share something else at work? Or is this what made you start to open up?
- • What might be some barriers that kept you from sharing at first? Any words of encouragement for others?
- • Then we’ll wrap up with 2-3 “Rapid Fire Questions” that you bring to ask me. (optional)
After our call:
- • Pictures and Links: You will be asked to provide a few pictures of yourself for the podcast show page. A link will be emailed to you shortly after the call or you can upload them on this page.
- • Social Media: You’ll be given some social media graphic cards to use when sharing on your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts. We’d like as many people as possible to hear your inspiring story! We’ll also use some pictures for the show’s Instagram account.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I look forward to talking with you soon!
P.S. Legal made me put this:
By being a part of the podcast, you agree to allow John Garrett to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow John to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, videos, and in all other public distribution. You are more than welcome to use your specific recording and social media graphics cards as you’d like.